Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pirate Pushpins

These are sword, dagger, and knife pushpins I made for my bulletin board. I created them because of my husband's love of "pirate culture." I was also inspired by the image of the dagger in the door when Captain Hook kindnapped Peter's kids in the movie "Hook."


They are even sturdy enough to be put into a wall and hold a small amount of weight--like a parchment ransom demand or declarations of pirate rights. This one is in my husband's office at work where it holds a little sign in full pirate style.

2 comments:

Ashlyn said...

How did you make them?? I think they are AWESOME!!!!!

Hugs, Ashlyn

Craftastic said...

I'm glad you like them. I think they are rather cool myself. Mostly I'm just surprised I had never seen anything like this before.

They are made with polymer clay. I was actually thinking of making these to sell but it takes me WAY too long to make them for that to be reasonable.

However, I think I may make molds of them and cast them in other materials and paint in the details.