Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Jar of Fireflies, Revisited

In my last post, I linked to a project for a jar of fireflies made out of LEDs. Well, with the micro controller and a little programming, it seemed a bit over-the-top to try. Instead, I'm going to try this analog firefly light. It looks simpler which means I'm more likely to actually do it.

Last year I saw some neat firefly lanterns at Target. They were really simple wire encased lanterns that kids could fill with the bugs and carry around. The thing is, I live in the Northwest were we get no fireflies. To kids around here, those bugs are merely myth. Now if you could get boxelder bugs to light-up, we'd be good to go.

I'm working on some sewing projects. Actually, I'm working on gathering the materials in one place so I can look at them and feel guilty for ignoring them.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I've been lurking for a little while, so decided to say Hi. I am looking forward to seeing what you get up to - and we don't have fireflies in England, so I think they're made up, too!
www.20six.co.uk/beautifulthings